Our most popular pure wildflower mix
Ivisons Mix 6 contains an array of vibrantly coloured wildflowers that will burst into life in late spring and illuminate our summer days. Mix 6 contains wildflowers that can establish rapidly and provide immediate benefits to pollinators.
Wildflowers are very important in supporting our native insects and animals. Not only do they encourage high biodiversity, they also make a pretty and colourful addition to the garden.
Why Choose Ivisons 100% Pure Meadow Wildflower Mix?
✔ 100% Flowers: Tansy, Red clover, White clover, Crimson clover, Burnet, Black medick, Chicory, Ribowrt plantain, Birdsfoot trefoil, Sheeps parsley, Sanfoin, Oxeye daisy, Field poppy, Yarrow, Red campion, Ladys bedstraw, Corn chamomile, Common toadflax, Wild Carrot, Betony, Vetch, Buckwheat, White campion, Fullers Teasel, Corncockle, Borage, Bitter blue lupin, Meadow buttercup, Foxglove, Forget me not, Wheat, Barley, Yarrow and Californian poppy.
How To Sow Ivisons 100% Pure Meadow Wildflower Mix:
- Choose the area wisely. Wildflower mixtures generally persist well in areas of low fertility. If the soil is highly fertile it may be necessary to remove or strip existing topsoil and sow on to sub-soil.
- Remove all existing vegetation from the area. This can be done by hand, digging it out, or you can use a weed killer.
- Once all the vegetation has been removed, the soil will need digging over to a depth of no more than 10 cm. Any deeper and you're more than likely to bring up more weed seeds to the surface.
- Once dug over, rake the area to create a flat seed bed.
- Sow the seeds at the recommended sowing rate.
- Firm down the area either using a roller or simply trod on the area to improve seed to soil contact.
- If the soil is dry it should be watered, however, it's important to avoid saturating the area.