100% Cornflower Seed Mix
Cornflowers are an easy to grow, annual flowering plant, making it the perfect choice for beginners or kids to include in their garden. They give your garden the most wonderful blue flowers in the summer.
Once upon a time, Cornflowers were considered a weed of cornfields and were nearly wiped out by intense agricultural practices. Today, these extremely attractive flowers can be found in deliberately seeded areas, such as roadsides verges and wildflower gardens.
Wildflowers are very important in supporting our native insects and animals. Not only do they encourage high biodiversity, they also make a pretty and colourful addition to the garden.
Why Choose Cornflower Seed Mix?
✔ 100% Cornflower
How To Sow Ivisons Cornflower Mix:
- Choose the area wisely. Wildflower mixtures generally persist well in areas of low fertility. If the soil is highly fertile it may be necessary to remove or strip existing topsoil and sow on to sub-soil.
- Remove all existing vegetation from the area. This can be done by hand, digging it out, or you can use a weed killer.
- Once all the vegetation has been removed, the soil will need digging over to a depth of no more than 10 cm. Any deeper and you're more than likely to bring up more weed seeds to the surface.
- Once dug over, rake the area to create a flat seed bed.
- Sow the seeds at the recommended sowing rate.
- Firm down the area either using a roller or simply trod on the area to improve seed to soil contact.
- If the soil is dry it should be watered, however, it's important to avoid saturating the area.