Red Field Poppy Papaver Rhoeas Pure Wildflower Seeds
Short descriptionPoppies are an ideal flower to grow in your garden or wildflower meadows as they are super easy to grow, there is hardly any aftercare, and they reseed themselves!
Availability: In stock
100% Pure Poppy Mix
Papaver Rhoeas, more commonly known as the common poppy, is an annual herbaceous species of flowering plant in the poppy family, Papaveraceae. It is known as an agricultural weed, hence the common names including 'corn and 'field'. Poppies are used as a symbol of remembrance of the fallen soldiers during World War 1 and thereafter.
Poppies are an ideal flower to grow in your garden or wildflower meadows as they are super easy to grow, there is hardly any aftercare, and they reseed themselves!
Also known as Corn Poppy, Corn Rose, Field Poppy, Flanders Poppy and Red Poppy
Wildflowers are very important in supporting our native insects and animals. Not only do they encourage high biodiversity, they also make a pretty and colourful addition to the garden.
Why Choose Ivisons Poppy Wildflower Mix?
✔ 100% Poppy
How To Sow Ivisons Poppy Mix:
- Choose the area wisely. Wildflower mixtures generally persist well in areas of low fertility. If the soil is highly fertile it may be necessary to remove or strip existing topsoil and sow on to sub-soil.
- Remove all existing vegetation from the area. This can be done by hand, digging it out, or you can use a weed killer.
- Once all the vegetation has been removed, the soil will need digging over to a depth of no more than 10 cm. Any deeper and you're more than likely to bring up more weed seeds to the surface.
- Once dug over, rake the area to create a flat seed bed.
- Sow the seeds at the recommended sowing rate.
- Firm down the area either using a roller or simply trod on the area to improve seed to soil contact.
- If the soil is dry it should be watered, however, it's important to avoid saturating the area.