Jubilee Red White and Blue Pure Wildflower Seeds Mix
Short descriptionOur Jubilee mix contains Cornflowers, Poppies, and Oxeye Daisies, a perfect blend of patriotic flower colours to show your national pride, our most popular colour-themed mixture!
Availability: In stock
A Blend of Patriotic Wildflowers
Our Jubilee mix contains Cornflowers, Poppies, and Oxeye Daisies, a perfect blend of patriotic flower colours to show your national pride, our most popular colour-themed mixture! Our Jubilee mix will brighten up any space, attract attention and wildlife.
It will flower very quickly and keep flowering until the end of September. It is a mixture of 100% medium height (50- 60cm) annual wildflowers and cultivated species.
Wildflowers are very important in supporting our native insects and animals. Not only do they encourage high biodiversity, they also make a pretty and colourful addition to the garden.
Why Choose Ivisons Jubilee Mix?
✔ 33% Cornflower
✔ 33% Poppy
✔ 33% Oxeye Daisy
How To Sow Ivisons Jubilee Mix:
- Choose the area wisely. Wildflower mixtures generally persist well in areas of low fertility. If the soil is highly fertile it may be necessary to remove or strip existing topsoil and sow on to sub-soil.
- Remove all existing vegetation from the area. This can be done by hand, digging it out, or you can use a weed killer.
- Once all the vegetation has been removed, the soil will need digging over to a depth of no more than 10 cm. Any deeper and you're more than likely to bring up more weed seeds to the surface.
- Once dug over, rake the area to create a flat seed bed.
- Sow the seeds at the recommended sowing rate.
- Firm down the area either using a roller or simply trod on the area to improve seed to soil contact.
- If the soil is dry it should be watered, however, it's important to avoid saturating the area.